NEW Fall 2017 Course:
Navigating the Startup World
M/W 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
3 Credits (interdisciplinary elective)
Instructor: Emre Toker, Managing Director of the Skandalaris Center (see bio below)
Learn how to start a startup in this NEW 3-credit elective course offered by the Skandalaris Center.
- Open to ALL undergrads and grads and ALL disciplines (including postdocs and staff using their tuition benefit) — equally challenging and instructive to all groups regardless of former experience
- No prerequisites; no background in business, finance or economics required
- Based on Y-Combinator’s “Startup School” content. Y-Combinator, based in Silicon Valley, is generally perceived as the world’s most successful startup accelerator.
- Apply course principles to your own venture concept! For those without a venture concept, we have options for you to choose from.
This is an undergraduate course that both undergraduates AND graduates can take (Graduate Students: Consult with your advisor or registrar about details). Postdocs and staff can also take this course using their tuition benefits. See below for course listings:
- UNDERGRADS + GRADS: I50 250 Navigating the Startup World
- POSTDOCS + STAFF: U44 231 Navigating the Startup World (through U College)
- Note: Both of the above course listings are the same course. Regardless of level— undergrad, grad, postdoc, or staff — you will participate in the same course, meeting at 5:30-7:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays.
WebSTAC Instructions: (Click image to enlarge)
U College Instructions: (Click image to enlarge)
The course will be taught by Emre Toker, Managing Director of the Skandalaris Center. Emre founded, bootstrapped and successfully exited 3 medical device startups. He has been an active angel investor for the last 17 years. He is the co-founder and Managing Partner of the Arch Partners Seed Fund in Tucson, Arizona and the Manager of Washington University’s Greenleaf Seed Fund.