The Summer Entrepreneurial Internship Program is an affordable opportunity to have a paid intern for the summer. For students, it’s an intensive introduction to innovation and entrepreneurship in St. Louis. This hosting opportunity is for you if you have needs that a WashU student intern can help with this summer.
Summer 2019 Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2019
Deadline to Apply: February 10, 2019 at 11:45 pm
- Host ventures must be early-stage startups in the St. Louis region
- Typically, most early stage, local startups are eligible to host summer interns. We consider a venture—either commercial or social—to be in the “startup” phase if it employs fewer than 15 and, if making revenue, it’s less than a million.
- You must have some type of designated office space (whether in a co-working space or office building) to host an intern.
Student interns work at their ventures Mondays-Fridays. On Wednesday afternoons, however, the students attend a variety of opportunities that introduce them to the larger St. Louis community and the thriving support system for entrepreneurs. The goal of Wednesday programing is for students to experience entrepreneurship through a variety of perspectives. These events will consist of visits, panel discussions, and networking opportunities.
- Attendance at all Wednesday events is required for all students, so venture hosts need to be flexible.
- Venture hosts must attend one networking lunch and panel at some point during the summer.
- The venture host pays $1,000 to the Skandalaris Center to support the program (50% due at the time of match; final 50% due May 1), increasing by $1,000 for each return year, and the student receives a $5,000 stipend.
Applications for the Summer 2019 will open January 1, 2019. The venture application form can be found HERE. Applications will not be reviewed and approved until after the deadline (February 10th at 11:45 pm). There is a networking event on February 20th at which applicants will network with the available ventures. Invitations to the networking event will be sent on February 11th.
Please review the venture host agreement prior to application.
Questions? Take a look at the FAQs.