Students: This summer entrepreneurial internship is an intensive introduction into innovation and entrepreneurship in St. Louis. This internship is for you if:
1. You are an undergrad interested in innovation and entrepreneurship
2. You want to know what it’s like to work for an early stage startup or what it takes to start your own company some day
3. You want to explore St. Louis
Application: Applications for the Summer 2018 program are now open. The deadline to apply is 11:45 pm on Friday, February 9, 2018. This program is open to undergraduate students from ALL majors. Students must be returning to campus for at least one semester of undergraduate study to qualify for this program.
The Whether gives you access to immediate advice about your career and allows you to discover relevant information and opportunities from the ventures in the Skandalaris program. Here what you can expect:
- Info about the amazing, entrepreneurial projects you could be working on at each venture.
- As you engage with ventures that catch your interest, ventures will engage with you!
- Your interactions and how early you start will count towards your acceptance into the program.
Skandalaris Summer Programming is a valuable component for the students. Students work at their startups throughout the week, and throughout the summer, the Center coordinates practical, hands-on learning opportunities for students, while introducing them to the larger St. Louis community and the thriving support system for entrepreneurs.
Our goal is for students to experience entrepreneurship from a variety of perspectives. Through off-campus experiences, interns will hear from speakers who are leaders in their industry, including experienced entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and campus partners and go on site visits to entrepreneurial organizations and neighborhoods. This includes visiting the city’s interesting and diverse, though sometimes economically challenging, neighborhoods. Locations may include co-working spaces, incubators, taking a tour, or spending time with a local entrepreneur working to address the challenges and promote the opportunities in the neighborhood. Interns are expected to fully engage in their internship and all programmed activities.