The Summer Entrepreneurial Internship Program is an intensive introduction into innovation and entrepreneurship in St. Louis. It is a unique opportunity to apply classroom concepts in a real-world setting.
Summer 2019 Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2019
Deadline to Apply: February 10, 2019 at 11:45 pm
This internship program is for you if:
- You are a Washington University undergraduate student (any school, any major), and will return to campus for at least one semester of undergraduate study after Summer 2019
- You are interested in innovation and entrepreneurship
- You want to know what it’s like to work for an early stage startup or what it takes to start your own company some day
- You take initiative, approach complex situations with flexibility, and exhibit a motivation to solve problems
- You want to explore St. Louis
International Students: We welcome international students, but if you match into the program, you must immediately register for OPT through OISS.
Student interns work at their ventures Mondays-Fridays. On Wednesday afternoons, however, the students attend a variety of opportunities that introduce them to the larger St. Louis community and the thriving support system for entrepreneurs. The goal of Wednesday programing is for students to experience entrepreneurship through a variety of perspectives. These events will consist of visits, panel discussions, and networking opportunities. Attendance is mandatory.
- Interns are expected to be fully engaged in their internship and programming events.
- Attendance at all Wednesday events is required.
- Students must create and publish one blog post for the Skandalaris Center, being as creative as they wish (incorporating pictures, video, etc.).
- Students receive a $5,000 stipend for the 10-week internship.
Applications for the Summer 2019 program will open January 1, 2019. Applications will not be reviewed and approved until after the deadline (February 10th at 11:45 pm). There is a networking event on February 20th at which applicants will network with the available ventures. Invitations to the networking event will be sent on February 11th.
Please review the intern agreement prior to application.
Questions? Take a look at the FAQs.