Established in 2018, The Simon Initiative is a multi-stage, collaborative initiative sponsored by Washington University’s Skandalaris Center for Interdisciplinary Innovation & Entrepreneurship to expand diversity and interdisciplinary approaches to entrepreneurship.
Thanks to the generous support of alumnus Andrew Simon (LA63) and his wife Andrea, the Skandalaris Center has launched the Simon Initiative to develop a distinctive ecosystem of women entrepreneurs, advisors, mentors and investors.
This initiative aims to broaden the diversity of entrepreneurial activity to include more women and under-represented populations across a broad spectrum of disciplinary sectors (liberal arts, humanities, creative arts, social as well as tech, medicine and life sciences).
- BUILD a Professional Network of experienced women entrepreneurs, innovators, advisors, mentors and investors spanning all disciplines and sectors
- CONNECT women in the Washington University Community (undergraduate students, graduate students, professional students, post-docs, alumni, faculty, staff and community members) to the Professional Network
- EMPOWER women to be confident in their ideas and explore their possibilities
- TRAIN women to identify opportunity and turn it into a viable venture concept
- LEVERAGE existing Washington University-related initiatives to amplify support of women’s entrepreneurship