Most of our competitions run annually, with the exception of the LEAP Inventor Challenge, which awards funding three times a year.
- WashU Patent Challenge
- LEAP Inventor Challenge (formerly the Bear Cub Challenge)
- Global Impact Award (GIA) – Applications due March 20, 2017
- Skandalaris Center Cup – See the 2015-2016 competition results here.
- Social Enterprise and Innovation Competition (SEIC) – See the 2015-2016 competition results here.
We encourage participants to attend our inclusive Washington University Startup Training Lab (WU-STL) to help with their deliverables throughout the process. Teams will also be invited to attend competition-specific workshops that we will announce as the competitions progress.
- WashU Patent Challenge – WUSTL undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- LEAP Inventor Challenge – WUSTL faculty, post-docs, staff, and graduate students who have previously submitted an invention disclosure to the Office of Technology Management (OTM) or who submit an invention disclosure concurrently with their LEAP application
- Global Impact Award – WUSTL undergraduate, graduate or professional students; residents; postdoctoral researchers; or alumni who have graduated within ten years. Open to ventures that are scalable, sustainable, and quick-to-market with proof of concept and a broad impact.
- Skandalaris Center Cup – WUSTL students, postdocs, and recent graduates starting a for-profit venture
- SEIC – open to all, with no WUSTL affiliation required, for teams working on an innovative solution to address a social problem; both commercial and social ventures are eligible