Applications for the 2017 Global Impact Award are now closed.
The Global Impact Award is for ventures that are scalable and sustainable. Read more about the Global Impact Award in the Welcome Kit.
Hear from the Donors:
Five to seven finalists will be selected from the applicant pool to continue to the finals. All finalists will be connected to expert mentors in their relevant fields, which will help ventures connect with the right people to ensure success. This mentorship and preparation will last for 6 months. In October, all finalists will present to an esteemed panel of judges, and the judges will select one or more winners of the $50,000 prize.
In order to be eligible to receive the award, the founding team and venture are expected to meet certain criteria.
Team Member Requirements:
- The founding team must include one or more of the following: a current Washington University in St. Louis enrolled undergraduate, graduate or professional student; resident; a postdoctoral researcher; or an alumnus who has graduated within ten years of submitting his or her application for the award.
- The Washington University-affiliated team members must have a meaningful role in the venture at the time of its application for the award.
- The venture must have incurred less than $1 million in total debt, equity, grant or prize funding at the time of application.
- The venture must have completed a proof of concept.
- The venture may be a commercial or hybrid for-profit/nonprofit legal entity, and is expected to have high impact, be sustainable and scalable.
- The venture may be based on faculty inventions or IP disclosures, provided the venture includes at least one Washington University-affiliated team member who meets the above requirements and holds meaningful equity (no less than 5%, including options) participation in the venture.