Entrepreneurs and innovators shared their venture ideas, exchanged advice, and networked with other attendees.
Eight innovators from around St. Louis pitched their start-up ideas and asked for advice from the audience at the Skandalaris Center’s IdeaBounce® event on April 3. Ideas varied across multiple industries, from food-delivery to social networking to healthcare. Each innovator was allotted two minutes to pitch their idea and share their asks: general advice, specific expertise, or technical skills.
Aadit Shah, a biomedical engineering student (BS ’20), shared his idea for a start-up to help improve the ability of patients to understand their experiences with medical professionals. Another biomedical engineering student, Cassie Davis, shared her idea for a surgical lighting tool. Ingrid Diep (MPH), who in the past worked in optometry, understood Davis’ idea and agreed that there is a large unaddressed need in the medical community. Diep continued that the presentations had “lots of potential.”
After the pitches, attendees were encouraged to stay for a networking session. Many used this time to trade ideas, exchange advice, and make meaningful connections with other entrepreneurs in St. Louis.
The following is a list of the startups pitched at this IdeaBounce® event:
- A health literacy tool to help patients better understand the information their physicians are giving them.
- A surgical lighting tool to decrease pre-operations setup time during surgeries.
- An STI communications tool to enable users to securely share their STI status with potential partners.
- Munch, an app to connect people looking for new restaurants to try.
- BITE, a group food delivery service with a focus on speed and affordability.
- Medicle, a networking platform to connect physicians around the world.
- Foundry Software, which helps startups create apps for a low monthly cost.
- A patent database that allows users to download patents quickly and intuitively.
IdeaBounce® is both an online platform and an event for sharing ideas and making connections. To read more about the ideas, visit ideabounce.com. IdeaBounce® events are opportunities for inventors, founders, and startups from all across the St. Louis region to meet, network, and exchange ideas.