Skandalaris Center

The background image for the website. It is a multi colored mosaic.

Bridging Social Work and Entrepreneurship: Meet Ashton Megli

Sydney Everett (Staff)
June 12, 2020
Share:

Hello, my name is Ashton Megli and I am writing to introduce myself as the summer practicum student at the Skandalaris Center.  I am entering the second year of my Masters in Social Work at the Brown School at Washington University in St Louis.

I am excited about working with the Skandalaris Center because I am learning more about creating impactful social change through entrepreneurship, and learning what it takes to start a successful new business.  I am also enjoying learning more about the start-up and entrepreneurial environment in St. Louis. 

With a concentration in my studies in American Indian/Alaskan Native communities, I am particularly interested in the entrepreneurial self-empowerment of women, indigenous communities, and other populations historically made vulnerable.

With interests in higher education and development, I will be assisting with the Center’s summer internship program, and working to analyze and expand the Center’s partners and sponsors.  I am enjoying getting to sit in on fireside chats with entrepreneurs as well as sessions with the ventures.  I have had a warm welcome to the center and am thrilled to be working alongside the rest of the Skandalaris staff.