Skandalaris Center

The background image for the website. It is a multi colored mosaic.

Skandalaris Venture Competition

Cyril Loum
October 1, 2020
Share:

Get help developing your new idea, invention or early-stage venture in the Skandalaris Venture Competition (SVC). The SVC provides expert mentorship to new ventures and startups to ready them for commercializing their idea, launching, and pitching to investors. Teams will develop an IdeaBounce® post, a 2-minute video pitch, and a one-page written summary. Open to all current WashU students and alumni within one year of graduation. Up to $22,500 in awards available! Apply to the Fall 2020 SVC by October 5 at 5 p.m.

SVC is open to all students and alumni within one year of graduation that have an idea, invention or venture. Last year was a great event and we are excited to work with new alumni and student-led startups again this semester. The process is easy and starts with simply signing up for SVC and sharing an idea on www.IdeaBounce.com. Participants will then post a video on www.IdeaBounce.com, create a one page executive summary, virtually pitch to a panel of distinguished judges and SVC culminates with a celebration and recognition of alumni and student-led ventures. Funding is awarded to the winners to prototype their idea or develop their business venture.

More valuable than the capital awarded, is the entrepreneurial experience, skills and mentorship gained through the process, to help advance an idea and make it a reality.

“The SVC offered a platform to share my business idea… and a chance to win non-dilutive funding. In the world of pitching to Venture Capital firms, pitching to this SVC panel is a fantastic introduction. The Skandalaris team and the feedback provided from the SVC helped me tailor my business pitch in a way that will have lasting impact on my future pitches in growing my business.”

-Cam Loyet

"We have had the opportunity to practice pitches in front of panels, workshop our ideas, and compete against other innovative startup companies in the St. Louis area… the people and resources we have access to through Skandalaris have proven invaluable.”

-Mitchell Lynn 

“This [SVC] competition has helped me grow to be a better entrepreneur… my venture is much better off now that I have been a part of this experience. Thank you Skandalaris so much!”

-Dani Wilder

SVC applications will be closing soon and the Skandalaris Center team is available to help. Apply today before SVC applications close on Monday, October 5 at 5pm.