- This event has passed.
LEAP Info Session
Thursday, January, 16, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Skandalaris Center, Mallinckrodt 128, 6465 Forsyth Blvd #128, St. Louis, MO 63105
This info session is geared towards any person/team developing a product or innovation with Washington University intellectual property interested in participation in the Leadership and Entrepreneurial Acceleration Program (LEAP), a platform for industry connections and gap funding designed to engender Washington University technology commercialization, illuminate investment risk, and rapidly accelerate development of validated projects.
Tom Krenning, Asst. Director of LEAP and Research Innovation will give a short presentation on what participation entails and what the benefits are.
A panel discussion featuring past LEAP winners and ecosystem partners will follow the LEAP presentation. Panelists include:
- Cristina Strong (Assistant Professor of Dermatology in WashU’s School of Medicine)
- Shantanu Chakrabartty (Clifford Murphy Professor in McKelvey’s School of Engineering)
- Jeffrey Henderson (Associate Professor of Medicine and Molecular Biology in WashU’s School of Medicine)
- Zach Vesoulis (Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in WashU’s School of Medicine)
- Stephen Von Rump (Entrepreneur in Residence at ITEN)
- Tom Cohen (Entrepreneur Development Analyst at BioFundamentals)
There are multiple cycles of LEAP each year. Throughout the program, teams receive mentorship from experts in their fields. At the end of each cycle, teams present to industry-relevant investors and representatives, and have the potential to win up to $50k in funding to help progress their inventions towards commercialization.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Registration for this event has closed.